The Objectives of the Organization
- To provide accommodation for physically disabled persons in an
environment conducive to maximal privacy and independence.
- To provide, where necessary, additional facilities such as social services ,
provided by Social Workers from the Cape Town Association for Persons
with Disabilities. email@example.com
- To promote the principal that rehabilitation of the disabled has not only a
physical aspect but also a psychological one of restoring self esteem
through relative independence and a “normal” rather than institutional
- To collect funds to contribute to the expenses incurred by the house.
- To educate and raise awareness, en courage a greater concern,
understanding and awareness among the general public about disability.
We have fundraising events to generate income i.e.:
- Club 500 a fundraising project to assist residents with raising funds toward their board and lodging fees and to assist the home to provide care
- Dances hosted once or twice a year.
- Casual Day fundraising project of the National Council for Persons with Physical Disabilities in SA (NCPPDSA)
- Annual Robbie Robertson Memorial Bowls Tournament, hosted by the Constantia Bowling Club;
- Other, smaller events hosted by the residents and committee members to generate funds and create awareness amongst the public.
- Proposals are sent to companies, Trust Funds and private donors for financial assistance toward our various projects.
- Various Service Organisations support Robertson House on a regular basis.
- Table View Lions Club
- Milnerton Lions De Grendel Lions Club
- MOTH’s Blaauwberg Shellhole
- Warrant Officer’s Association of the Western Province
- Dutch Reformed Church
- Sonnekus and Milnerton Methodist Church